Thursday, May 19, 2011

Moose-1 Child on Bike-0

Watching the news here is amusing. I feel sort of bad that I find Alaska news funny but it’s so uncanny in comparison to what I’m used to. When I lived in Florida and even in Oklahoma the big news was robberies, murders, and politics. I’m sure there are similar stories in Alaska but so far I haven’t seen any. All I’ve seen is stuff that could double as an episode for America’s Funniest Home Videos. For example, today in Alaska a child was knocked off her bike by a moose. (I’m terrible I know. I almost lied and said a woman so I didn’t look so bad. Haha) Apparently the moose was terribly aggravated after having given birth to twins earlier in the week. Classic.

I forgot to post some Alaskan words on the previous post so I'll give you a couple now.

Musher: A person who travels in winter by dog sled. Yells 'mush' a lot.

Bullchitna: This one is pretty obvious. It means BS.


No comments:

Post a Comment