Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mickey Moose

When I worked at Disney World there were always those seriously over-the-top Disney loving people who, at times, acted like a fool in such a way that I couldn’t even process it. So, I thought when I came to Alaska there wouldn’t be anyone that struck me the same way as they did. Wrong. The second person I met while waiting for our bus on the first day came sprinting at us, wearing a moose hat and simultaneously chattering and squealing. Needless to say it was a long six-hour ride, which at the time, I assumed would be the worst bus ride of my time here. Wrong again. A few days later I got the chance to sit behind a bus driver who sang the M-I-C-K-E-Y--- M-O-O-S-E song (No, moose isn’t a typo) over and over for the whole 15-minute ride back to our room after a seriously long day of work. It was especially painful because he only knew about two words more than I typed above. One of those Disney people I mentioned above also lurks in Alaska. Who would have guessed?

Alaska Word: The Bush-Villages, mountains and valleys that can only be reached by plane or boat.


No comments:

Post a Comment